Thursday, April 05, 2007

A lack of Inspiration

I somehow found that my well of blog ideas has dried up since returning back home to Indonesia…
what is it about this city that has sucked out my life juices? Could it be the endless working hours?
Could it be the apparent lack of culture in this city?... seemingly endless expanses of the concrete jungle with nary a
Tree in sight, or only a single lone, poor, extremely dusty, sad excuse of a tree beaten down with bustling cars, and endless rows of motorcycles..

Or could it be hopelessness…where no news is good news, the first thing that greets you when you start to the office is one of the many child-beggars, lining the street, looking so plaintively for a few nickel & dimes...where nothing seems to be getting better anytime soon.. the smell of despair in giant empty malls, filled with items most people are unable to buy, hence the expression “walking around”.. not shopping, just walking, looking, dreaming…

I’ll be enthusiastic again… I know I will… I’ll get it back..Now, if I can just stop comparing this place to Singapore….. ha ha…

4 comments:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Living and surviving, Wilson. One day, at a time, thanking God that you are, at least, not in North Korea. :)

Anonymous said...

hey boss... why r u so depressed? things aren't tat bad... at least u r not losing ur job.... u still have ur health (i think.. provided u dont get tortured by ur boss!) .. u still got someone back in S'pore that missed u.. the one who put indications of u on his screen saver (i admit.. this is good reason to be depressed!) U still got good food ard u.. I will try to stuff as much things when i go there.. provided u are able to fight back the crowd... :P.. sometimes in life, there isn't much a person can change.. Go with the flow....

Wilson said...

haha...

Thank you ladies..your comments really did perk up my day...

bluecactus.. North Korea, it definitely isn't.. i suppose it's simply just expectations vs. reality speaking...

YL..
thanks for the food!! much appreciated, if only people didn't fight over the curry puffs so much..!! (it's true, btw)..I suppose so.. fighting the inevitable is futile.. I'm taking it one day at a time now... and see where it leads me..

Anonymous said...

there wont be any chances of me flying curry puffs to jkt... either i go bkk or not, that shld be my last biz trip... & tell ur boss stop asking if i am going to bkk.. :P tell him to be more hardworking to find ur mrs instead....