Saturday, February 11, 2006

Getting internet connection up to speed

Ladies/gentlemen..

I'm now connected and online, and whatever have you. and I may consider this my new best friend... haha... so... new update...

my apartement is now a spiffy kind, comes fully furnished with leather couches, two TV's all kitchenette facilities, and located near the river, hence the name, riverside... wake up in the morning and you can sorta feel like living in venice... ha.... kidding.... but it's definitely not ciliwung either... next door is a bakery, where if you're feeling a little wealthy, you can just hop over and have whatever baguette/pesto ciabatta/garlic bread/sourdough etc. with your egg sandwich.... all in all... much better than my actual digs back home...

I miss my car though..... the zipping around, SITTING..... hah..... the carrying around of groceries.... hiks........and now having to contend with rain, wet, jammed bicycle chains, shopping bags that break just precisely at the moment where you have to cross the road.... and i mean, precise.....

bluecactus.... if I were to be asked the same question, do i miss Indonesia? Now? hm... i would say no.... and you shouldn't too.... not even for a million henky tandayu's.....

3 comments:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Hm,... no-car 101 lesson: always double your shopping bags.
BTW maybe you're not that far away to miss it, I don't think I'd miss Indonesia if I were just an hour away from it.
We're talking about 21 hours, Dude...
21 freaking hours.
That's far. ;)
And that's a thousand US$ away too.

Wilson said...

meaning... it's a distance thing, the actual possibility that you MIGHT return to Indonesia that will get you to miss it and not actually visiting it then? if you were 2 hours away, and never visit in 3 years... you wouldn't miss it still?

just an existential question...

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Well, the thing is, there's no way I won't visit jakarta if I'm only 2 hours away.
I might spend a long weekend in Jakarta & make an appointment to Hanky, and afterwards, go have some Padang cuisine.

Wishful thinking...
Wishful...

I should go back to my work documents. Sigh...