Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Romance, and all that entails...

On a ride home she said to me..” you know Wilson, you’re so not romantic! “
Jolted and ever-so-slightly stung, I challenged her “not romantic, me? In what way? Please define Romantic ? “
She mentioned, a little too quickly, perhaps… “ Romantic… is being there when they need you..action, rather than words..”
“you… don’t seem to need anybody..you don’t show enough care”

I didn’t challenge her any further, for fear of sounding “Non Romantic”.
Perhaps I should. This puzzles me. A guy is always around when they’re interested in a person. It’s not that hard to do..
Whether we care or not, is another thing. Some guys can fake it, some cannot… , how can you care so much if you’ve only just met that particular person?

I think women just want to be fooled a little more… an show of affection, an extravagant show of attention, all in the name of
“I care about you”..and have women swoon with “oh, he’s sooo romantic!... he’s the man for me…”

Do I care about what she thinks? Well, yes, maybe, a little… that should tell you about my frame of mind at this moment… as for the rest..I’ll keep it to myself at this time…

5 comments:

Teez said...

That is not a problem. With any luck women might mistake it for "mysterious aloofness" which may serve to take her curiosity a little further.

Then when the time is right, a surprise romantic gesture will sweep her right off her feet and land her smack in the middle of flattery in the belief that she has conquered a cold guy.

hehehehe......

blue eyes said...

well...romance itself has lots of meanings..which can be different for one person to another..

but all in all, i think it's only a matter of affection..
meaning: she needs more affection from you, wilson..just to show that you attracted to her..after all..not all people born as a psychic right?;)

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

I think,... I think... that girl might have some 'attention' to you. Wink. Because, if I'm not interested in a guy, I wouldn't have cared to bring up such subject in the first place anyway.
Wink wink wink...

Wilson said...

ladies, ladies!!!

different opinion each one of you..one of them mysterious, the other show more affection....
but, that's ok.. I think it's a little bit of both...(diplomatic answer, huh..:-))
hmmm... bluecactus... oh, I don't know about that....honestly speaking, though.. I can't wait to find out...

blueswing said...

Well Well Well..now you're talking 'romance' he he ^_______^

and...I'd really love to see your new hair style and from what you wrote about your salon experience...I think I hadn't been to a 'this age' hair salon for a very long time.

And I really do agree with your friend that you should get some new tops, other than polo shirts and with colours other than shades of blue. he he he

Sorry I haven't been checking your blog for a long time. I'm sick and off work today. Think I should update myself of what's going on in your life and I can't help but writing comments... he he