Monday, May 18, 2009

Movie Time

I’ve never understood why you MUST go to the movies as a pair, or with friends. The act of watching a movie has always been your engagement to the big screen in front of you.For the duration of the movie you do nothing, you do not communicate with your pair, except share a bag of popcorns(or except the smooch session, but then, it’s a different thing entirely, u don’t actually watch the movie anyway). If the movie sucks, neither of you want to talk about it. Actually, even when the movie itself is good, you don’t talk about it either, the maximum would’ve been “hey, it’s a good movie”… he’s a good actor, etc…

Hence, movie watching is, in itself a solitary act. So, why do people consider it blasphemy to watch movies alone?

I don’t mind watching movies with friends..I do like it, its fun, and the best part is the going to get dinner after the movie part.
But from time to time I would like to watch movies alone sometimes…its meditative, somewhat..
so all I’m asking is not to look at us as “weird” or “strange”.

Don’t give us the “sigh, poor guy, no date” look....

We’re there simply for the love of the movies, it's not unusual, and its not strange...it's just different.

so, i'll watching..Fast and Furious, in all its loud obnoxious glory, the cheesy acting of that blonde guy (whats his name again? forgot), Jordana's high IQ'ed waxed, em......shoes.... with my unshared popcorn and supersized fizzy drinks....... don't you dare tell me to do otherwise...

3 comments:

Yen said...

For me ... i dont mind watching the movie alone .. but on weekdays only ... becuz on weekends, there r so many pple ... couples, families and friends ... it just give me a sense of being so alone on the crowded weekend .. that is why i rather go on weekday itself .. I just find that with some friends, we can have a lot of topics to talk abt after the movie .. but some pple... just keep quiet after coming out... depends on the company u r with ..
Just went to the movie with a friend .. watched the Angels & Demons ... I never read this book b4 .. but i still can understand most of the plot ... with some western history knowledge ... some religious knowledge and etc .. to me it was that difficult to catch most of the points .. but my friend dont really understand the movie .. Just curious .. is it that difficult to understand ? :)

BTW how's life ? U never update me any news ... Didnt expect u still to be alive after GPAC .. haha...

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Amen, brother...

chocoholic said...

Went to catch 2012 yesterday.. alone. Have always known that here in Asia, ppl seem to have an issue with people trying to enjoy a good movie on his or her own, but thought people would know better by now that it's not that big of a deal. That was until this girl next to me (who was with a guy) gave me (and my nachos) the apologetic look....

Really felt like "accidentally" tipping my cheese container over to her side....